We can only accept applications from candidates who already have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of their application.
The position involves utilizing highly advanced technical capabilities in conjunction with excellent communication/networking skills to assist with the design and implementation of effective solutions and support a demanding client-base. It also includes coordinating and participating in the product release effort and weekend on-call rotation.
Database management and support
- Provide incident and problem management for our internal and client-facing platforms
- Performance-tune database server environments to ensure service delivery expectations
- Ensure successful delivery of solution to technical and business expectations, including high availability, business continuity planning, efficient code usage, etc.
- Manage Disaster Recovery Solutions globally
- Manage global QA, UAT, and Production database environments (eg, support, operation, maintenance, capacity planning, etc.)
- Manage internal and external data feeds
- Ensure successful deployment of installations/upgrades
- Key liaison with development team for solution design
Standards and review of technology
- Define and enforce database technology best practices
- Research and implement new technologies
- Can challenge the status quo and continually look to improve processes and innovate solutions.
- Can demonstrate ownership and be accountable.
- A team player who can also work independently when necessary.
- Actively contribute in team meetings.
- Can collaborate across departments and build positive relationships.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering (desirable)
- MCITP Certification (desirable)
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise conflicting demands where necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong DBA (MS SQL)
- Experience with SQL 2012+
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL
- Solid experience with performance tuning
- Full understanding of product release life cycle
- Strong knowledge of database disaster recovery procedures
- Experience with high-availability solutions
- Development experience a distinct advantage (desirable)
- Experience with SQL 2014/2016 (desirable)
- Working with a large number of servers and databases in a global environment (desirable)
- Working knowledge of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS (desirable)
- Sybase and ASE experience (desirable)