About the position
The Social Media Manager role is part of the ION’s Corporate Comms organization, reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing. As we scale the digital capabilities across the organization, this role will help build an integrated and consolidated Social Media channels, help build our social media communities online, increase the company reach on LinkedIn, Twitter, other and work cross-functionally in a global company.
As part of the central Digital Marketing team, this role would be critical for the success of the Corp Comms team, executing on the overall Digital marketing roadmap.
The Social Media Manager will support Divisional Business and Corp Comms teams, working closely with IT, ADR, Sales and Design Teams.
This is a hands-on, task-oriented and deadline-driven marketing position with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of marketing projects.
What we are trying to do?
ION has an extensive product portfolio across multiple categories. We want to consolidate our social media presence, building the best of breed social media community, launch and support our new brands and extend our brands reach to enable business growth.
What do we need help on?
We are looking for an expert in Meltwater, Hootsuite and Social media platforms.
What are the skills and responsibilities:
Social media platforms management and execution
The Social Media Specialist will focus on execution in the following areas:
– Develops and executes measurable campaigns for ION directly using social media. platforms (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) He/she also assists internal sales team with social media best practices.
· Monitors all ION, ION Markets/ION Corporates/ION Commodities mentions, while closely following our competitors’ social media activity
· Create a Social media plan that directly impacts and compliments any SEO efforts
· Partners with multiple disciplines across the Marketing and Communications team to ensure the right content is distributed
· Implements and schedules share of voice reports or any other reports produced in Meltwater
Responsible for overall Meltwater administration and Newsletter
· Develops and executes A/B testing plans to determine any trends in audience behavior
· Explores new channels to share content (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
· Supports Central content teams with their social media content strategy
· Performs a variety of duties as required in collaboration with other ION departments
· Work effectively and successfully in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Reporting and Analytics
· Provide aggregate reporting across all ION social media channels
· Provide reporting on specific social media campaign
– 3+ years’ experience of creating and delivering social media campaigns
– Deep understanding of social media analytics is imperative
– Has worked with social platforms such as LinkedIn, Elevate, Twitter, Vimeo, etc
– Meltwater/Cision or other social media listening tools experience required
– Google analytics and google tag manager experience
– Hootsuite or similar experienced required